Updated on 25 June 2018
We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who we are
We are Academy Soccer Coach Limited of Archer House, Britland, Northbourne Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN22 8PW trading as Academy Soccer Coach. We are registered in England and Wales: under company registration number 7383395. We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the EEA and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
In the course of visiting our website and/or using our services, such as ASC Cloud or purchasing an item from our store, we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- Your Title, First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Telephone Number, City/Region/ Country of residence.
- On occasions where you require training, support, an upgrade to your existing service, join us on social media, we will record your contact with us such as the phone number you contacted us with or if contact was made online your IP address and the browser type and version you used to make contact.
- Information on the products and services you currently use with us, as well as those you have expressed interest in and have used in the past. This includes information of any 3rd party API integrations that you have authorised to access your ASC Cloud account.
- Records of your user access logs, including the IP address and web browser version used to access your account.
- Records of your contact with us such as via the phone number and if you get in touch with us online your IP address and the browser type and version you used.
- In order to provide our Services, and to pursue our legitimate interests, we collect the minimum amount of information required about registered users when they log in to our websites or use our services, such as their IP address and device type. Some of this information is collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies. If you want to find out more about the types of cookies we use, why, and how you can control them, look at our cookie notice HERE.
Information collected from other sources
We also obtain personal information from other sources as follows:
- Our support site located at https://support.asccloud.com which is our online support portal. We collect your personal data to ensure that we are able to provide you with personalised training and support when requested.
- Analytics services such as Google Analytics. We occasionally analyse anonymised data so that we can continue to ensure that our products and services meet your needs and provide the best experience possible. To opt out of Google Analytics please visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- API use with third parties. We offer members the ability to integrate their ASC account with approved third party platforms in respect of which we do not collect any data.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal data to operate our websites and provide you with access to the products and services you’ve requested, and to manage our relationship with you. We also use your personal data for other purposes, which may include the following:
- To allow you to register for our Services and to administer and process the registration;
- provide operational communications, like changes to our websites and services, security updates, or assistance with using our websites and services;
- provide and manage the product or service you have with us;
- support the research and develop new features and functionality that will enhance our current products and services using only anonymised data unless express opt-in consent for this specific purpose has been given;
- manage the functionality of the product or service;
- perform and/or test the performance of, our products, services and internal processes, including the performance of any 3rd Party Integrations (APIs) that you have authorised access to within your account using only anonymised data unless express opt-in consent for this specific purpose has been given;
- update your records;
- provide personalised content and services to you, such as tailoring our products and services, our digital customer experience and offerings;
- support the research and development of new products and services and to review and improve current products and services using only anonymised data unless express opt-in consent for this specific purpose has been given;
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance;
- provide insight and analysis of our customers both for ourselves and for the benefit of business partners either as part of providing products or services, helping us improve products or services, or to assess or improve the operating of our businesses using only anonymised data unless express opt-in consent for this specific purpose has been given;
- provide you with information you’ve requested from us (such as training or education materials) or information that we are required to send to you;
- inform you about updates to the current products and services you use as well as other Academy Soccer Coach products or services that we think you might be interested in) provided your express opt-in consent for this specific purpose has been given;
To support you:
- This may include assisting with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the websites or services, whether via our online support portal at https://support.asccloud.com via email, telephone or otherwise in accordance with the express opt-in consent for specific purposes you have given;
- To enhance our websites and services and develop new ones using only anonymised data unless express opt-in consent for this specific purpose has been given. This may include tracking and monitoring your use of websites and services so we can keep improving, or by carrying out technical analysis of our websites and services so that we can optimise your user experience and provide you with more efficient tools and resources.
To protect you:
To market to you:
- In addition to sending you marketing communications provided that express opt-in consent for this specific purpose has been given;
To analyse, aggregate and report:
- We may use the personal data we collect about you and other users of our websites and services to produce aggregated and anonymised analytics and reports, which we may share publicly or with third parties using only anonymised data unless express opt-in consent for this specific purpose has been given;
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share personal data about our account holders under the legal basis of legitimate interest with:
• other companies in the Academy Soccer Coach group of companies;
• third party integrations (API) whom you have authorised to access your ASC Cloud account insofar as this is a necessary requirement for provision of the Service;
• third party service providers such as Amazon Simple Email Service or MailChimp who assist and enable us to use the personal data to, for example, support delivery of or provide functionality on the website or services, or to market or promote our products and services to you where we have your express opt-in consent for this specific purpose;
• law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law;
• an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business;
• other people using only anonymised data unless express opt-in consent for this specific purpose has been provided;
We shall not share your personal information with any other third party without your express consent, and we shall cease sharing your information immediately upon your request, although this may adversely impact on our ability to deliver the Service you subscribed for.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The provision of Title, First Name, Last Name, Gender, Email Address, Telephone Number, City / Region / Country of residence is required from you to enable us to provide you with access to our products and services. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us in order for us to provide you with the Product or Service. If you withdraw your consent this may affect the functionality of the Service or our ability to provide you with the products and resources that the Service includes.
How long your personal information will be kept
- The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it, for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
- We will continue to hold your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in line with our data retention policies and practices. This will typically be for 6 years, and in the event that we no longer have a relationship after this period then we’ll make sure it’s anonymised or deleted.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
In many cases we rely on legitimate interests as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are:
- to fulfil our contract with you and to enable us to access the products and services that you have registered for;
- where we have a legitimate interest to process the personal data and that interest is not overridden by your rights, or in accordance with a legal obligation, or where we have your express opt-in consent for this particular purpose.
NB You may ask us to stop processing your personal data at any time, but in that event we may be unable to provide you with all of our services, and some functions and features on our websites may not be available to you
Consequences of our use of your personal information
When we share data, it may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country you live in – such as to the United States, where certain data hosting provider’s servers are located, e.g. with Amazon SES mail service and MailChimp. These countries may have laws different from what you’re used to. Where we disclose personal data to a third party in another country, we put safeguards in place to ensure your personal data remains protected.
For individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA), this means that your data may be transferred outside of the EEA, and where this is the case it will only be transferred to countries that have been identified as providing adequate protection for EEA data (e.g. New Zealand), or to a third party where we have approved transfer mechanisms in place to protect your personal data – i.e., by entering into the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses, or by ensuring the entity is Privacy Shield certified (for transfers to US-based third parties). For further information, please contact us using the details set out in the Contact us section below.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us; and
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, user name, email address, registration details);
- let us have proof of your identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill; and
- let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter, you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of it. It may take up to 5 days for us to action this.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
How to complain
We shall endeavour to resolve any GDPR-related query or concern you raise about our use of your information in the first instance. If we are unable to resolve your issue, you may refer it to The Information Commissioner, who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 25-05-2018 [and last updated on date].
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, and when we do we will inform you via email or from within your ASC Cloud account.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at; Academy Soccer Coach Limited of Archer House, Britland, Northbourne Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN22 8PW or call 044 0845 5485504.